Liebster Award 2018
A few weeks ago, I noticed a comment on one of my blog posts that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. Apparently, the gorgeous Ayu Widya from Degustace noticed a random comment from me on one of her posts and decided to nominate me.
Unsurprisingly, I had no idea what the Liebster Award is or how it works; since I was traveling at the time, I couldn’t wait to come back home and do a proper research. Unfortunately, I missed the chance to do a proper post to thank my nominator as well as to nominate additional blogs for the Liebster Award for 2017.
So, I’ll use the missed opportunity for 2017 to assure a great start of 2018 for some of my favorite bloggers.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2018
Newbies in the blogging world may wonder what the Liebster Award is, just like I did; well, it’s not a real award and it exists only on the Internet. However, it is a great way of promoting new blogs and bloggers as the Awards itself is given by bloggers to other bloggers.
In order to take part in the Liebster Award, bloggers must follow certain guidelines and read the official rules. The rules, as well as a short historical overview of the Liebster Award, can be found here. Keep in mind that this is the post for the Liebster Award 2018 and the rules are updated each year.
For example, this year’s nominees and participants must provide linking to the official rules, answer the questions given to them by their nominator or the ones found in the link above, create additional questions for their nominees and comment on the link above. Moreover, they should inform their nominees by commenting on their blogs and providing a link to their post about the Liebster Award.
Other things to have in mind include:
- Thanking the person that nominated you;
- Display an image of the award on your blog (you can find images in the link above);
- Write a 150-300-word paragraph about your favorite blog (not yours);
- Nominate between 5 and 11 blogs you like for the award;
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself so people can get to know you;
- Don’t forget to inform the bloggers you’ve nominated by providing links to your post on their blogs.
Let the Games Begin
Now that you’re introduced to the awesome concept of the Liebster Award, we can move on to the fun part!
My Favorite Blogs
So, before I move on to revealing facts about myself and answer the questions, I’d like to mention some of my all-time favorite bloggers.
The first one to pop into my mind is Bea Johnson and her Zero Waste Home. I mean she’s obviously become an entire movement by now and I find her a huge inspiration when it comes to improving myself and my habits. I’ve even had the incredible opportunity to attend her event in Skopje a few months ago and I really like her persona. I’ll admit that my home is far from zero waste, but I do enjoy reading about Bea’s experiences nonetheless.
Lastly, my friend has done some fashion related projects here in Macedonia, she always finds inspiration from Jessica Wang and her awesome blog Not Jess Fashion. As she’s been nagging me with her, I too have started to follow Not Jess Fashion for quite some time now and I must say that I am one of the 800,000+ fans of her work.
Liebster Award 2018 Nominees
Degustace – Created by Ayu Widya, Degustace is a wonderful blog about travel experiences, fashion, lifestyle, places and pretty much everything beautiful in this world. The name comes from the Czech word Degustace, which means “tasting”, so it’s pretty much on spot! Also, special thanks to her for nominating Iva Says for the Liebster Award 2017 and thus introducing me to this awesome concept.
Filmsane – Filmsane is a cool project of a Macedonian blogger and it is dedicated, as the name suggests, to the film industry. Anyone into film reviews, TV show overviews, GIFs, and trailers could find something of interest at this spot. Plus, you can expect lots of ideas and suggestions on what to watch during the holidays, new shows to put on your bucket list etc.
Wanderlust Adventures Around the World – A “20-year-old European girl who wants to see the world” has started this interesting travel blog. Here, she shares her stories, experiences and favorite spots of her travels. I’m particularly amazed by the gorgeous photos, so I recommend you check them out as well.
The Cauble Life – Kaleigh Cauble and her husband Tuan Anh have not long ago started exploring the world through hiking and backpacking. They share their adventures and experiences on their blog The Cauble Life, while their mission is “to share happiness and inspire adventure”. If you need any or both these things, make sure to pay them a visit.
The Budgetarian Traveler – High five for the creative name! This blog is, you guessed it, about traveling on a budget. Just like the creator has mentioned, The Budgetarian Traveler is for all those explorers seeking endless fun while on a budget. If you’re one of them, you might want to read some of the tips and tricks found here.
Everyone Loves Random Facts
Here are some of the things I believe make me the person I am.
- I’m a Virgo. I’m not obsessed with horoscopes, but I do believe that the horoscope signs have certain features that make them special and different in comparison to the rest. So, for example, just like all other Virgos out there I’m smart, funny, nice and generally perfect. Also, I’m very modest. Who wouldn’t agree, right?
- I used to work as a Software Engineer for Samsung in New Jersey, but I quit my job to relax a bit. I’ve been working since I was 16 years old and I really felt the need to get a break.
- I love animals and especially dogs. I used to have two boxers and I find boxers to be the most loving and family-oriented dogs in the world. While I’m in Skopje I have fun with Borko, my uncle’s Rottie.
- Starting Iva Says was just a random idea I had while I was on a vacation in Greece one year ago. I’ve traveled quite a bit over the years and people always ask me various questions regarding the places I’ve visited. Milena was also complaining about having to answer the same questions by her Airbnb guests and we were joking that we should make a blog and then just share the link with everyone.
- Beer is my favorite drink in the world. I like the simplest pills light beer with Heineken being my personal favorite; Stella is my second best, while Skopsko is my choice when I’m in Macedonia. Naturally, while traveling I enjoy tasting local beers, even though they don’t always suit my taste.
- Those following me on Instagram know that I love playing board games. I’m not a competitive person and therefore I stick to games that are collaborative or don’t require too much hating on your friends. I enjoy Terraforming Mars, Powergrid, Elder Sign, Sherlock and Watson, Mysterium, Avalon, and Catan. I really hope to own Gloomhaven in the near future.
- Agatha Christie is my favorite writer and I love all her novels; it’s one of the most relaxing things for me to read Poirot’s adventures while relaxing on the beach. I also enjoy watching movies and shows based on her works, such as Agatha Christie’s Poirot.
- I first saw the Neuschwanstein Castle on a puzzle I completed. It got stuck in my head and I was dying to visit it one day. As my readers probably know, I had the chance to see that marvelous and stunning architectural gem in September 2017.
- Puzzles are my hobby. Finding the right pieces is hard as hell and completing a puzzle, especially big ones, take days if not weeks. Nevertheless, this is one of the most relaxing activities for me and currently I’m working on my biggest project so far – a 4000-piece puzzle by Trefl called Autumn Nostalgia.
- When I’m lazy I spend my time watching shows and movies. Who doesn’t, right?
Answers to the 10 Questions
- Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most? Italy. I liked its nature, history and overall charm.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? Kingda Ka Ride Six Flags Great Adventure.
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be? Milena and my brother.
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world? The curiosity that killed the cat.
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling? Seeing the Neuschwanstein Castle from the Mary’s Bridge (Marienbrücke) – surreal and unforgettable.
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to? I would donate them to various animal shelters around the world.
- Apple or Samsung? Apple.
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling? Knock on wood, nothing yet.
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited: San Vito lo Capo in Sicily, Italy. Orange Beach, Sithonia, Greece. Playa Bravaro, Punta Cana, The Dominican Republic.
- How did traveling change your life? Pushed me into the travel blogging business.
Questions for the Bloggers I’ve Nominated
- Which is the most impulsively planned trip in your life?
- Has ever a destination in a book made you visit that place?
- If you could win a vacation, would you choose a winter or a summer adventure?
- If you could build a house on any beach in the world; which beach would you choose?
- Where would you like to get engaged?
- Plane or car?
- Someone starts talking to you in a foreign country; are they trying to kidnap you or are they friendly locals?
- Swimming with sharks or gazing at the Aurora?
- Do you collect souvenirs of the places you visit on your travels? If yes, what kind?
- Favorite Netflix show?
So, that seems to be it guys! I hope you had fun reading this lengthy post of mine and that you have enjoyed the blogs I nominated. I wish lots of luck to every blogger that will be nominated for the Liebster Award this year and a successful year to all wonderful blogs out there.
To my nominees, feel free to leave a comment with your link to your Liebster award post. I want to check them all out.